International Project Coordinator ( French Speaking )
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace.
The International Division has an opening for an International Project Coordinator (I), in Waltham, Massachusetts. The International Project Coordinator (I) will work on supporting field activities for projects located in Francophone Africa (including Mali, DRC, etc.) The position reports to the Project Director. This is a full-time position.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
Under management oversight, the International Project Coordinator (I) provides support to project staff in the US and abroad, including:
- general administrative duties
- serving as backup for other project staff
- researching, compiling, and synthesizing information
- documenting & cataloguing
- maintaining records
- disseminating information, including website content
- contributing ideas for improved efficiency or future focus
- drafting or translating materials to/from French and English
- developing and monitoring budgets
- monitoring contractual compliance
- drafting performance reports & briefs
- supporting project procurement
- assisting in identification, recruitment, and servicing of technical consultants
- business development assistance
The International Project Coordinator (I)
- Coordinates project activities
- Assists with project start-up and closeout
- Facilitates project teamwork; seeks and utilizes feedback
- Provides logistical and communications support
- Assists with quality assurance
- May provide some supervisory guidance to others
- May act as a liaison between home offices and field-based staff
- May be expected to travel
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Specific requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of training & education in a related field preferred
- 2–4 years related research, education, international development or administrative coordination experience, requiring computer competence
- Strong organizational & analytical skills and aptitude for details
- Fluency in English and French
- Excellent French written and communication skills
EDC, 43 Foundry Ave.
Waltham, MA 02453
No phone calls, please
As an EOE/AA employer, EDC does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status. EDC is a smoke-free workplace.